142 more days to go - we are getting closer, friends!
We have officially entered the planning stage and are taking big steps towards ticking some important items off the list.
Now, what have we been up to? I’ll tell you right now!
1) Both Rickey and I have made our decisions pretty much as of who we want to be standing by our sides in front of the altar. They will be notified shortly.
2) Sunday, we went tux shopping. Mainly to get a first overview of what we want and what would look good (well, ehem, what I would like Rickey to wear; he did have a say, though). Also, to figure out the color scheme we have in mind. It was fun!
3) My dress is here and I have my first fitting beginning of October. I cannot wait to try this most special dress on again, soon. It’s just the one and I know now what people mean when they say “Oh, you’ll know if it’s right for you or not”. I am so glad I found my wedding gown when my mom and granny were in town in April. It made it even more special.
4) We made a decision on who our photographer will be.
5) We have started a list of potential “first dance” songs. I am telling you: It’s definitely not going to be a conventional one. (…and that thing with the music, that I mentioned in the subject line? Well, I have been absolutely emotional about that. Every time I think a song would be right, I start bawling my eyes out. Might as well start thinking about getting permanent make up that cannot be washed away by my happy tears on our wedding day, haha.)
6) We met with our DJ and ticked that item off the list.
7) I went shoe shopping with my lovely Chelsea yesterday, to get a first overview. I didn’t expect to find the perfect pair of shoes anyway (and should be right with my assumption), but it was good to see what could potentially be fitting. On to the next round shortly…gotta get those shoes before my October fitting.
Yes, so these are the main things we have been doing the past couple weeks. I think it’s pretty good pace.
This is what we have planned and in our calendars:
1) Narrowing down affordable options for videographers. (Okay, here is the thing: I have been watching so many wedding films that I feel like this would be the best way to capture the day - even more than photos. Yet, not having a photographer is absolutely no option. So…we are trying to get both. No money to waste here, but it is supposed to be the day for us, one of the most special ones in our lives, so making it near perfect and having the opportunity to re-live this day is totally worth it in my opinion.)
2) Sending out our bridesmaids / groomsmen “Popping the Question” mail. (Which is a whole celebration in itself and makes me so happy … and again, it’s one of the things that are so much more different than in Germany.)
We feel that up to this point we still have everything under control, haha. We are really not stressed but having fun right now. I hope it stays that way.