Sunset Thoughts, Sunset Cliffs

San Diego literally throws the best sunsets at us. 

San Diego literally throws the best sunsets at us. 

Sometimes, doing the right thing is hard. And just because you just thought you figured out what the right thing is, doesn't mean this will ultimately be the best thing to do - and vice versa. 

Rickey and I started 2018 with a big fat celebration: our church wedding (I asked on my instagram if you guys would be interested in a highlights post once we have all edited photos - so yes, expect that one within the next few weeks). Friends and family from Germany came over, as well as all from over the U.S. We just had a blast.

And the year continued to stay interesting, to say the least. Quite a few changes, personally and professionally, and a couple, more or less unexpected but not less exciting things, that were thrown our way (more on that hopefully soon!). 

IMG_5695.JPG

Regardless of what all happened, we are finding ourselves in a position right now where we need to make a decision (sing along): Should we stay or should we go? Nothing is confirmed, it's still only an option, no paperwork signed, nothing is official. But there is a job offer out there that would require moving. We don't even know when this would potentially be if Rickey accepted it (still a little bit of a process). But it's out there. And it gets us thinking. It would require us to move out of the city and further up north. 

Sunset Cliffs are a popular surf spot.

Sunset Cliffs are a popular surf spot.

My little companion keeps getting better at modeling for me. 

My little companion keeps getting better at modeling for me. 

A few months ago, it might have been a real adventure for us - and I was all in, at first - but then we talked, and talked, and talked some more. And today (sometimes, it takes my mom to change my perspective - guess I have to thank her for that) I came to the realization that just because some moves (literally) might seem right at a certain time, doesn't mean that they are the best move - and vice versa. It all depends on the circumstances. 

I am usually the one who is up and bouncing before anyone else when it comes to a new adventure. But there are times in life when you have to ask yourself: Should this adventure maybe wait? Is this really the right thing to do, at this given time? And is it the best step to take? And maybe it would be the best but it's not right? And maybe it feels right initially but, with a little more thinking about pros and cons, it might not necessarily be the best?

There are still so many factors to consider and logistics to potentially take care of. Also, as mentioned, we don't even have a possible date yet, which makes things even harder and puts us in limbo. 

So: Should we stay or should we go? A tough question. We don't necessarily want to leave San Diego as we are settled, have our house, social circle - we are comfortable, as Rickey likes to say. And he is right. We have built and created this life for ourselves in the past two years. Yet, we are also open to something new. It's just so tough given the current circumstances (I might be able to share with you soon).

For now, we have decided to go with the flow and when things get more concrete on the potential job front, sit down again and decide what might be right and best for us. 

Anyone know the struggle?